What TV series are you currently watching?

Started by Wakefield, April 26, 2015, 06:16:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hopefullytrusting

ShineyMcShineShine

I didn't watch this when it came out because it looked boring. How wrong I was. It did lose steam towards the end, however.

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: hopefullytrusting on September 10, 2024, 10:39:02 AMJust arrived - very excited:

Is that for the series from the 70's or 80's?  Or a remake?

PD

hopefullytrusting

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on September 10, 2024, 02:04:13 PMIs that for the series from the 70's or 80's?  Or a remake?

PD

I don't think it's a remake, but the show ran from 1999 to 2001.

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: hopefullytrusting on September 10, 2024, 02:33:31 PMI don't think it's a remake, not the show ran from 1999 to 2001.
You know what?  I was thinking of a different show from some time ago.  I believe that it was called Land of the Lost;D

PD

George

"It is a curious fact that people are never so trivial as when they take themselves seriously." –Oscar Wilde

Karl Henning

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on September 10, 2024, 02:47:29 PMYou know what?  I was thinking of a different show from some time ago.  I believe that it was called Land of the Lost;D

PD
IIRC, très retro!
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Pohjolas Daughter

Having fun watching some of the old t.v. show What's My Line

PD

Karl Henning

Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: Karl Henning on September 11, 2024, 12:26:38 PMGreat fun!
You've got people like Elizabeth Taylor, Lauren Bacall, Paul Newman, etc. (plus your "average joes" -- working some unusual jobs).

PD

Karl Henning

Quote from: Karl Henning on September 09, 2024, 12:21:10 PMAlso finally (really not even the shade of a good reason for my having dawdled) watching the second series of Fawlty Towers. Wodehousian genius!
Now to enjoy Jn Cleese's commentary on each episode. 
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

Irons

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on September 11, 2024, 08:55:17 AMHaving fun watching some of the old t.v. show What's My Line

PD

PD, so many memories! Watching 'What's My Line' and 'This is your Life' (British versions) as a child. Eammon Andrews a consummate professional compared both.

You must have a very good opinion of yourself to write a symphony - John Ireland.

I opened the door people rushed through and I was left holding the knob - Bo Diddley.

Papy Oli

Recently, Series 2 of "Colin from Accounts": Still funny, cringey, sarcastic but felt more like a disjointed hit and miss series. Absolutely loved the first Series (seen 4 times, yes, I am biased) so this was a bit of a damp squib.

Ongoing: Series 4 of "Slow Horses". 1 episode a week.. arghhh... Too long a wait!!  :laugh:

Also, ongoing: Recently appeared on Netflix so giving a try to "Brassic".
Hilarious! Very much like Shameless (UK) at times but I am finding Brassic way funnier and sharper. Just about to close season 1. Onwards we'll go with one.

Olivier

George

Quote from: Papy Oli on September 13, 2024, 06:27:38 AMRecently, Series 2 of "Colin from Accounts": Still funny, cringey, sarcastic but felt more like a disjointed hit and miss series. Absolutely loved the first Series (seen 4 times, yes, I am biased) so this was a bit of a damp squib.

Ongoing: Series 4 of "Slow Horses". 1 episode a week.. arghhh... Too long a wait!!  :laugh:

Hilarious! Very much like Shameless (UK) at times but I am finding Brassic way funnier and sharper. Just about to close season 1. Onwards we'll go with one.

RE: Brassic - Joe Gilgun was excellent in the superb series Preacher (in case you missed it), which is also now on Netflix. 
"It is a curious fact that people are never so trivial as when they take themselves seriously." –Oscar Wilde

Papy Oli

Quote from: George on September 13, 2024, 06:34:12 AMRE: Brassic - Joe Gilgun was excellent in the superb series Preacher (in case you missed it), which is also now on Netflix. 

Hi George,
thanks I'll look it up. Gilgun is a new one on me and his acting is already impressive in Brassic.
Olivier

Irons

Quote from: Papy Oli on September 13, 2024, 06:27:38 AMRecently, Series 2 of "Colin from Accounts": Still funny, cringey, sarcastic but felt more like a disjointed hit and miss series. Absolutely loved the first Series (seen 4 times, yes, I am biased) so this was a bit of a damp squib.

Impossible to match the freshness of the first series of "Colin" which episode one of series two proved.

Big fan of Garry Oldman here in leafy Surrey. He was born to play Jackson Lamb.

Unaware of "Brassic". Thanks for heads up Olivier, will investigate.
You must have a very good opinion of yourself to write a symphony - John Ireland.

I opened the door people rushed through and I was left holding the knob - Bo Diddley.

Papy Oli

Quote from: Irons on September 13, 2024, 07:43:23 AMImpossible to match the freshness of the first series of "Colin" which episode one of series two proved.

That is true. That first series was well, perfect. They tried to cram too many arcs in Series 2 and it lost its spark.

Quote from: Irons on September 13, 2024, 07:43:23 AMBig fan of Garry Oldman here in leafy Surrey. He was born to play Jackson Lamb.

I watched Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy for the first time not too long ago. Once a spy... just a different style  8)  (and what a cast, and what a movie!!)

Quote from: Irons on September 13, 2024, 07:43:23 AMUnaware of "Brassic". Thanks for heads up Olivier, will investigate.

Dive in!! Hope you won't be put off by the language.  :laugh:
Olivier

hopefullytrusting

Three on my docket:

The fourth, and final, season of The Librarians.

The first season of Burn Notice.

The first season of Alias (a rewatch).

hopefullytrusting

Also, NCIS is my sick, sick guilty pleasure, so I only watch that illegally. $:)

George

Quote from: hopefullytrusting on September 13, 2024, 10:13:18 AMThe first season of Burn Notice.

I'll be curious what you think of this. I have not seen it and may check it out if it's good. I thought the male lead was excellent in the Fargo TV series.