What TV series are you currently watching?

Started by Wakefield, April 26, 2015, 06:16:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Todd

Quote from: DavidW on September 26, 2024, 11:47:41 AM*cough* Chernobyl *cough* so make it two things instead of a single thing. :laugh:

Surely DSCH fans could at least cite Babi Yar.
The universe is change; life is opinion. - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

People would rather believe than know - E.O. Wilson

Propaganda death ensemble - Tom Araya

AnotherSpin

Quote from: hopefullytrusting on September 26, 2024, 11:44:00 AMI think some mistake your distaste as resounding praise, but I suspect before the recent disagreement over the border not many could tell you a single think about Ukraine.

Most people have no idea not only about Ukraine but about practically any country in the world outside their own. And what they think they know is purely anecdotal. So, what follows from that?

steve ridgway

Quote from: AnotherSpin on September 26, 2024, 09:59:02 PMMost people have no idea not only about Ukraine but about practically any country in the world outside their own. And what they think they know is purely anecdotal. So, what follows from that?

My friends and I used to spend a lot of time in the 1970s playing the board game Risk, from which we learned that Ukraine was the largest country in Europe 🇺🇦.

hopefullytrusting

Quote from: steve ridgway on September 26, 2024, 11:27:14 PMMy friends and I used to spend a lot of time in the 1970s playing the board game Risk, from which we learned that Ukraine was the largest country in Europe 🇺🇦.

The classic sketch from Seinfeld: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mBVD-81Y6Ro