Pictures I like

Started by oyasumi, April 14, 2007, 07:56:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnotherSpin

prémont

Any so-called free choice is only a choice between the available options.

Todd

Mendelssohns.jpg
The universe is change; life is opinion. - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

People would rather believe than know - E.O. Wilson

Propaganda death ensemble - Tom Araya

JBS

The have Operaoke. And Bel Canto Night just like Operaoke but for Bel Canto.
https://mendelssohnspdx.com/

Hollywood Beach Broadwalk

Todd

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: Todd on July 19, 2024, 07:26:38 AM

It's back!
I was wondering here who all had experienced trouble due to that third party update error.

PD

Todd

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on July 19, 2024, 08:07:55 AMI was wondering here who all had experienced trouble due to that third party update error.

It has not impacted me personally, it's just all over the news.

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: Todd on July 19, 2024, 08:09:39 AMIt has not impacted me personally, it's just all over the news.
Yes, I saw various news stories.  It's mucked up all kinds of business processes--including air travel.

PD

Todd

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on July 19, 2024, 09:12:03 AMYes, I saw various news stories.  It's mucked up all kinds of business processes--including air travel.

And healthcare in some areas.  I don't know what Crowdstrike's E&O coverage is like, nor what their contractual obligations to their larger clients may be, but this looks like it might hurt the company a bit.  As it should.

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: Todd on July 19, 2024, 12:40:05 PMAnd healthcare in some areas.  I don't know what Crowdstrike's E&O coverage is like, nor what their contractual obligations to their larger clients may be, but this looks like it might hurt the company a bit.  As it should.
I've heard that too about healthcare/hospitals/911.  :(  Mind numbing!

PD

Todd

2017 Freightliner eCascadia.jpg

This is the 2017 Freightliner eCascadia, the first EV long-haul tractor.  On a level surface and pulling half of a standard shipping container in weight, it can go 160 miles. 

Todd

Brian

I like this meme generator where you can have Kamala Harris hold a variety of LPs by typing in a title. It's certainly not exact, it just pulls the closest album to what you searched for, but I am still having fun as you can see.

George

"It is a curious fact that people are never so trivial as when they take themselves seriously." –Oscar Wilde

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: Brian on July 28, 2024, 06:57:46 AMI like this meme generator where you can have Kamala Harris hold a variety of LPs by typing in a title. It's certainly not exact, it just pulls the closest album to what you searched for, but I am still having fun as you can see.
Love it!  :)  Particularly the Sibelius one; I know, I'm a little bit partial to Sibelius. ;)

PD

Todd

The Money Store.jpg Mickey Mouse Disco.jpg

DavidW

Quote from: Florestan on July 28, 2024, 10:59:12 AMI should have thought US politics is anathema on this forum... @DavidW @ritter

I didn't take it that way. If someone posted a specific Radiohead album cover, perhaps... but it doesn't seem political despite who is in the picture, just like AS's post on the same page.

Todd

Note that the two albums I selected could be put into the hands of literally any US politician or other public figure.  Imagine Ozzy holding Mickey Mouse Disco.  Other albums that could be universally applied:

Brian

Quote from: Florestan on July 28, 2024, 11:31:37 AM@DavidW @ritter

So, if I posted a picture of a bleeding Trump with the fist raised, surrounded by security agents, with the text "A courageous guy" --- it wouldn't be deleted, right? After all, courage in facing imminent danger is apolitical and commendable, ain't it?

I can answer for this since I started it. To me it's just funny internet memes. It's more about the album cover and suggesting you like that album. So more of an analogy would be if you Photoshop Trump with a defiant raised fist into, like, a boxing ring and Mike Tyson just bit his ear.  ;D