Pictures I like

Started by oyasumi, April 14, 2007, 07:56:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Todd

Quote from: Brian on July 28, 2024, 12:13:31 PMSo more of an analogy would be if you Photoshop Trump with a defiant raised fist into, like, a boxing ring and Mike Tyson just bit his ear.

Or alternately, the Trump-Holyfield ticket.  They will lend you an ear.

BTW, I like The Money Store.
The universe is change; life is opinion. - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

People would rather believe than know - E.O. Wilson

Propaganda death ensemble - Tom Araya

Brian

This just in...the HIP debate has entered America's culture wars!

ritter

Let me chip in here, since you mentioned me, @Florestan .

The answer to your question is easy: because it's a joke, and all posters so far have taken it humorously.
Quote from: Florestan on July 28, 2024, 11:31:37 AM...
So, if I posted a picture of a bleeding Trump with the fist raised, surrounded by security agents, with the text "A courageous guy" --- it wouldn't be deleted, right? After all, courage in facing imminent danger is apolitical and commendable, ain't it?
That would be a political statement, whatever you say. Mrs. Harris holding an LP of the posters' choice, isn't (so far, at least).

Todd

Quote from: Brian on July 28, 2024, 12:25:20 PMThis just in...the HIP debate has entered America's culture wars!

I cannot support Immerseel.  On this issue, I'm strictly a Sawallisch guy.

Florestan

I removed my latest posts, they were useless and off-topic.
"Great music is that which penetrates the ear with facility and leaves the memory with difficulty. Magical music never leaves the memory." — Thomas Beecham

SimonNZ

steve ridgway

Life in Yorkshire :laugh: .

(The nearby village of Hebden Bridge is rather arty and apparently popular among lesbians).

LKB

Quote from: steve ridgway on August 08, 2024, 05:42:28 AMLife in Yorkshire :laugh: .

(The nearby village of Hebden Bridge is rather arty and apparently popular among lesbians).

Rather ironic, that whoever posted the sign is almost certainly less literate than whoever donated the " filth ".
Mit Flügeln, die ich mir errungen...

steve ridgway

Quote from: LKB on August 08, 2024, 07:14:06 AMRather ironic, that whoever posted the sign is almost certainly less literate than whoever donated the " filth ".

Reminds me of my father telling me years ago about a woman who had used a felt tip pen to black out rude words in books from the village library :o .

Todd

1902 Studebaker Electric SOOC SMALL.JPG

Whilst attending a large classic car show out in the Columbia River Gorge this past weekend, I moseyed on into an ancient, tiny car and wagon museum at Fort Dalles, which was guarded by a wily watch cat.  After outsmarting the feline protector, I perused the offerings and saw this 1902 Studebaker Electric.  It had a range of 40 miles, which was far less than the then fashionable horse-drawn cart.  Recharging was a pain.  The more things change.

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: Todd on August 12, 2024, 04:46:10 AM1902 Studebaker Electric SOOC SMALL.JPG

Whilst attending a large classic car show out in the Columbia River Gorge this past weekend, I moseyed on into an ancient, tiny car and wagon museum at Fort Dalles, which was guarded by a wily watch cat.  After outsmarting the feline protector, I perused the offerings and saw this 1902 Studebaker Electric.  It had a range of 40 miles, which was far less than the then fashionable horse-drawn cart.  Recharging was a pain.  The more things change.

And a -5 added to the overall score (which was up there):  no photo of the "watch cat".  ;)

PD

SimonNZ

George

"It is a curious fact that people are never so trivial as when they take themselves seriously." –Oscar Wilde

Todd

Todd

Stonehenge, The Sequel.jpg

Seen yesterday, a full-scale recreation of Stonehenge, in Maryhill, Washington.  It even aligns with the summer solstice sunrise like original.

steve ridgway

Quote from: Todd on August 17, 2024, 05:22:15 AMStonehenge, The Sequel.jpg

Seen yesterday, a full-scale recreation of Stonehenge, in Maryhill, Washington.  It even aligns with the summer solstice sunrise like original.

Cool, you Americans sure take better care of your monuments than we do 8) .

LKB

Quote from: steve ridgway on August 17, 2024, 07:27:50 AMCool, you Americans sure take better care of your monuments than we do 8) .

Speaking as an American: Stonehenge has a very specific and unmistakable character, whereas this misbegotten replica is merely boring, representing money better spent elsewhere.
Mit Flügeln, die ich mir errungen...

Todd

Quote from: LKB on August 17, 2024, 05:05:30 PMSpeaking as an American: Stonehenge has a very specific and unmistakable character, whereas this misbegotten replica is merely boring, representing money better spent elsewhere.

It was built between 1918 and 1929 to commemorate the men of Klickitat County, Washington who died in WWI.  The United States National Park Service added it to the National Register of Historic Places in 2021.  Obviously, you are entirely ignorant about the monument and rather than taking perhaps forty-five seconds to learn anything about it, you thought you would add what you thought was a meaningful comment.  Instead, you merely insulted the memory of men who gave their lives for this country. 

steve ridgway

Quote from: Todd on August 17, 2024, 06:25:22 PMIt was built between 1918 and 1929 to commemorate the men of Klickitat County, Washington who died in WWI.  The United :-[  States National Park Service added it to the National Register of Historic Places in 2021.  Obviously, you are entirely ignorant about the monument and rather than taking perhaps forty-five seconds to learn anything about it, you thought you would add what you thought was a meaningful comment.  Instead, you merely insulted the memory of men who gave their lives for this country. 

Oh you got me there :-[ . Hopefully there's a sign on site telling visitors it's a war memorial so they can focus their thoughts on appropriate respect for the dead rather than thinking someone built "a full-scale recreation of Stonehenge".

AnotherSpin

Todd claimed that this is a full-scale recreation of Stonehenge, forgetting to mention that it's a veterans' memorial. Nevertheless, he now feels it's necessary to make accusations. Does it seem absurd? No, it's just Todd.