hello everyone

Started by villajo, June 27, 2024, 06:30:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

villajo

Hello, it's a pleasure to be on this music forum, I'm 52 years old but I'm starting with the piano and the truth is I'm very motivated, greetings

DavidW

Quote from: villajo on June 27, 2024, 06:30:45 AMHello, it's a pleasure to be on this music forum, I'm 52 years old but I'm starting with the piano and the truth is I'm very motivated, greetings

Welcome to the forum!

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: villajo on June 27, 2024, 06:30:45 AMHello, it's a pleasure to be on this music forum, I'm 52 years old but I'm starting with the piano and the truth is I'm very motivated, greetings
Welcome, villajo!  And, wow!  Impressive that you're learning how to play the piano!  :)

Looking forward to hearing about your musical tastes/interests.

PD

villajo

THANKS FOR THE WELCOME

Karl Henning

Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Pohjolas Daughter

@villajo

Any hints as to some of your favorite composers/types of music?  :)

PD

p.s.  In case you're not familiar with my "name", one of my favorite composers is Sibelius.  ;)

villajo

As I said, I'm a little new but I really like Chopin, I find his music super relaxing.

DavidW

Quote from: villajo on June 28, 2024, 01:05:22 AMAs I said, I'm a little new but I really like Chopin, I find his music super relaxing.

You might also like Debussy and Faure.

LKB

Greetings, and welcome.  8)
Mit Flügeln, die ich mir errungen...

villajo

Thanks for the recommendation, you'll both listen to them.

Pohjolas Daughter

@villajo Sorry, I had misunderstood you (regarding piano).  Yes, Chopin is wonderful!  I suspect that you'll also like Debussy--particularly his Préludes.

Most of all, enjoy the journey!

PD

villajo

Thank you, I will listen to it too, greetings

vandermolen

Welcome from me too. I hope that you enjoy your time here.
 :)
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).