Locking and unlocking threads

Started by Symphonic Addict, July 02, 2024, 08:49:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Symphonic Addict

I want to ask the administrator if there's any possibility for people who start or create their own threads to unlock them freely instead of asking for permission to moderators to do it. It happens to me that I click on the wrong option when submit the post in the thread I started, but I don't do it intentionally, it's because I'm so used to click on Return to this topic option (as shown on the first image, in the threads I do not start) that I always do it unconsciously and I don't realize its position changes when the thread in question is the one I started (like on the second image) and I end up locking it.

I feel embarrased to say this as I'm the only one to have this silly problem. Thanks for the help.

(this time I did it well)
Part of the tragedy of the Palestinians is that they have essentially no international support for a good reason: they've no wealth, they've no power, so they've no rights.

Noam Chomsky

DavidW

You can unlock threads that you've locked.  It is on the bottom.  I think I remembered it being that way, but I had to check with a dummy account.unlock.png

It looks like that on the bottom.  This is with a normal user account, not a mod account.

Symphonic Addict

Quote from: DavidW on July 03, 2024, 11:31:09 AMYou can unlock threads that you've locked.  It is on the bottom.  I think I remembered it being that way, but I had to check with a dummy account.unlock.png

It looks like that on the bottom.  This is with a normal user account, not a mod account.

I hadn't been alerted to your response. Sorry for my belated reply. I do see a LOCK TOPIC button (as shown on the image). I'll do this. If I click on that button and the UNLOCK TOPIC button doesn't appear afterwards, then it definitely doesn't show. Otherwise, it is as you said.

Edit: Yes, it worked! That was very helpful. Thank you so much!
Part of the tragedy of the Palestinians is that they have essentially no international support for a good reason: they've no wealth, they've no power, so they've no rights.

Noam Chomsky