Hello

Started by Opus106, December 17, 2007, 06:45:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Opus106

Hello, everyone. I'm Navneeth from India, a (European) classical music aficionado for nearly two years. (Hi to all who might recognise from The other plaCe ;)!) I'm 22 and a student. I heard of GMG many moons ago, but decided to join only now. It seems very active, and I hope to learn as much as possible, about this wonderful genre of music that has kept me sane (well, almost  :P) through happy and troubled times.

I can't pinpoint an event that made me realise my love for this music. I remember as a kid liking all those tunes borrowed from Mozart and other classical composers featured in TV commercials. I found an internet station a couple of years ago, and I've been hooked ever since. For someone who wasn't particularly "crazy" about any music throughout his life (not counting the short period I was into Latino music  ;D), I started purchasing CDs every month!

As for my favourite composers, and things of that nature, I'm most comfortable with the common practice period, with late Classical and Early/Mid Romantic being my favourite eras. You can see my 9 favourite composers (in no particular) in my avatar. I LOVE listening to violin concerti, and almost any work for the virtuoso violinist! (I've said this before, and I will say it again: Tchaikovsky's Rocks!)

P.S. : If you're wondering about my username, it's just Beethoven's 5th. That's one work I could recognise with the first few notes even before I knew what a symphony actually was!

Regards,
Navneeth

Keemun

Hi, Navneeth.  Welcome, it's good to see you here at GMG.  I remember you from the "other" forum.  (Seems like I've been typing that a lot lately. ;) )  Hope you enjoy GMG as much as I do.  :)
Music is the mediator between the spiritual and the sensual life. - Ludwig van Beethoven

Florestan

Hi and welcome, Navneeth!
When I'm creating at the piano, I tend to feel happy; but - the eternal dilemma - how can we be happy amid the unhappiness of others? I'd do everything I could to give everyone a moment of happiness. That's what's at the heart of my music. — Nino Rota

ChamberNut

Welcome, my "old" friend!  :)  I hope you enjoy the very busy GMG forum!

It's great to have you on board. 

uffeviking

Any time anybody drops in from the other place we rejoice! Not only do we have violinists as members, we have floutists - flutists? - clarinetists, pianists, organists, and many many more musicians. But we also have a great number of music lovers, non-musicians, but enthusiastic lovers of any classical music from way back, from stone age to contemporary!

bhodges

Welcome, Navneeth, and cool to have someone here from India.  (Lots of different countries around here!) 

You'll find a lot of violin concerto lovers around, including me.  My favorites: Ligeti, Berg, and the Shostakovich First.

Anyway, welcome again, and enjoy your time here.

--Bruce

Harry

Yes welcome from the other side of the world. :)

Opus106

Thanks for the welcome, everyone.

Hey, Brucknernuts! :D ;) (That's specifically to Keemun and ChamberNut. I'm not able to find a multi-quote button, if there is one.)
Regards,
Navneeth

ChamberNut

Quote from: opus67 on December 17, 2007, 08:22:15 AM
Thanks for the welcome, everyone.

Hey, Brucknernuts! :D ;) (That's specifically to Keemun and ChamberNut. I'm not able to find a multi-quote button, if there is one.)

I'm not sure if there is a "multi-quote" function on GMG.  But I'm not the right person to ask, as I've never used the multi quote function or this or any other board.  ;D

Hollywood

Hi and welcome to the forum, Navneeth. Greetings from Beethoven's Heiligenstadt.  8)
"There are far worse things awaiting man than death."

A Hollywood born SoCal gal living in Beethoven's Heiligenstadt (Vienna, Austria).

Opus106

Quote from: Hollywood on December 17, 2007, 10:50:25 PM
Hi and welcome to the forum, Navneeth. Greetings from Beethoven's Heiligenstadt.  8)

Hi, Hollywood. Glad to meet you. :)

Quote from: ChamberNut on December 17, 2007, 08:52:45 AM
I'm not sure if there is a "multi-quote" function on GMG.  But I'm not the right person to ask, as I've never used the multi quote function or this or any other board.  ;D

And I just discovered how to multi-quote. :D (Once you're into the "advanced posting mode" after a quoting a post, click on the 'Insert Quote' next to the posts below the posting window)
Regards,
Navneeth

m_gigena

Hi Opus! How is your colorful city doing during the holidays?  :D

Please tell me you didn't jump into the I quit/banned wagon...  ;D  ;D  ;D

Opus106

Quote from: Manuel on December 24, 2007, 10:45:24 AM
Hi Opus! How is your colorful city doing during the holidays?  :D

As colourful as ever, but very foggy early in the morning. :D

QuotePlease tell me you didn't jump into the I quit/banned wagon...  ;D  ;D  ;D
I didn't.  >:D
Regards,