The Chat Thread

Started by mn dave, June 17, 2008, 11:28:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Renfield

Quote from: Greg on February 20, 2010, 08:08:42 AM
Gee... I wonder if there is a relation?  ::)

Despite the despicableness of this whole business of quantitative analysis of people's religious 'things' (in my very personal opinion), the question is still legitimate. Perhaps men are more likely to report lust, and women pride, than commit it. :D

greg

Quote from: Renfield on February 20, 2010, 02:43:57 PM
Perhaps men are more likely to report lust, and women pride, than commit it. :D
Ehhhh... to me, it seems that if you just wanted to report something, a man would report pride instead of lust. If that's what you mean, though I'm not certain.

greg

So, I finally met the Polish girl I mentioned before. First impressions were- one of the prettiest girls I've ever seen in my life (probably the prettiest I've actually talked to), looks kinda Asian-ish, has a thick but understandable accent which is somehow really relaxing...

Surprisingly, fun to talk to, also. I made her laugh a couple of times today to where it looked like she was nearly choking to death, so I guess she has a sense of humor.

I'm starting to think people from Poland are pretty cool...  8)

Renfield

Quote from: Greg on February 20, 2010, 07:33:05 PM
Ehhhh... to me, it seems that if you just wanted to report something, a man would report pride instead of lust. If that's what you mean, though I'm not certain.

Ah, but what if men felt guiltier about lust?

At any rate, it's always a concern with self-reported data, this sort of thing. Major headache, if it's serious research.

(Which I suppose the Jesuit would call this, if asked about it. And maybe it is, and I'm the heathen! ;))

knight66

Well if it is true that men think about sex roughly three times a minute, it would be odd if they were not owning up to it on seemingly appropriate and monotonously regular occasions.

Even certain posters here probably don't manage the sin of pride three times a minute. So that fault takes a comparative back seat.

Anyway Greg, chat about your potential, anticipated, near-miss and ex-girlfriends surely sits nicely in that thread where you get all kinds of advice on affairs of the heart. Don't go confusing us and tricking us to think that we are in the wrong thread.

Mike
DavidW: Yeah Mike doesn't get angry, he gets even.
I wasted time: and time wasted me.

greg

Quote from: knight on February 21, 2010, 12:27:39 AM
Anyway Greg, chat about your potential, anticipated, near-miss and ex-girlfriends surely sits nicely in that thread where you get all kinds of advice on affairs of the heart. Don't go confusing us and tricking us to think that we are in the wrong thread.

Mike
I wasn't planning on going in further detail anyways, since I'm not really into that anymore. Just thought it was interesting (at least at first).

greg

What are your seven deadly sins?

http://www.4degreez.com/misc/seven_deadly_sins.html

Here's my results:  ::)
Greed:     Medium     

Gluttony:    High    

Wrath:    High    

Sloth:    Low    

Envy:    Low    

Lust:    Very Low    

Pride:    Very High    

Renfield

Brian

Greed:   Medium   
Gluttony:   Medium   
Wrath:   Very Low   
Sloth:   High   
Envy:   Very Low   
Lust:   High   
Pride:   Medium

Pretty much right. I'm lazy, like eating, and am a very desperate single person, but not envious and I haven't been genuinely angry in over two years.

greg

Quote from: Renfield on February 21, 2010, 04:37:39 PM
To Purgatory with you.
Lol. Also, I noticed if you just set my "envy" score to very high, those would probably be the results of an average woman.  ??? :D

Renfield

Quote from: Greg on February 21, 2010, 05:22:18 PM
Lol. Also, I noticed if you just set my "envy" score to very high, those would probably be the results of an average woman.  ??? :D

That is a cheap shot I opted not to take. >:D

(Though if I took said test myself, I would probably top everything but envy. So it's not like I'm claiming moral superiority.)

greg

Quote from: Renfield on February 22, 2010, 01:27:04 AM
That is a cheap shot I opted not to take. >:D

(Though if I took said test myself, I would probably top everything but envy. So it's not like I'm claiming moral superiority.)
Are you kidding? We all know you're perfect.  0:) (angel emoticon intended)

Renfield

Quote from: Greg on February 22, 2010, 02:35:53 AM
Are you kidding? We all know you're perfect.  0:) (angel emoticon intended)

Of course not. I already mentioned I would fail the Envy bit. ;)

DavidW

Here are my results:

Greed: medium
Gluttony: medium
Wrath: very low
Sloth: very high
Envy: very low
Lust: low
Pride: very low

Seems right, I'm very lazy and moderately greedy and gluttonous. :)

DavidW

You know Greg I find it hard to believe that your score for lust is very low.  I figured you for a type always wanting more women, wine and music. ;D

Renfield

So there. Moderate failure.

Greed:   Medium   

Gluttony:   High   

Wrath:   Medium   

Sloth:   Medium   

Envy:   Very Low   

Lust:           Medium   

Pride:   Medium

At least I did predict the Envy score. Yet I am amused at how the creator of that 'test' decided one's main measure of lust is essentially being Tiger Woods. That sounds more like lack of character, than a mortal sin. $:)

greg

Quote from: DavidW on February 22, 2010, 04:12:17 AM
You know Greg I find it hard to believe that your score for lust is very low.  I figured you for a type always wanting more women, wine and music. ;D
(probably should be low-medium)... it's not like they ask me how I much music I want to listen to, though...

secondwind

Well, my score was very low in everything except . . . lust.  But you know, girls just want to have fun! ;D

greg

Quote from: secondwind on February 22, 2010, 07:57:32 PM
Well, my score was very low in everything except . . . lust.  But you know, girls just want to have fun! ;D
Either that, or you've been hanging around us guys too much.  :D

So, I had a crazy headache again... this time, it wasn't from coming home from work- had today off. It just developed until it was painful to think of anything and I felt sick. Then, I took 2 Aspirin and after 30 or 40 minutes I'm fine. I wonder what causes these... I do tend to think a lot and had to strategize and time bunch things to do, and often I grind my teeth when I'm doing that.  ::) Maybe I should just be extra careful and make sure I don't grind my teeth, which is possibly what causes the headaches...

secondwind

Possibly, if you have health insurance and a good GP, you should mention these headaches to your doctor.  Just sayin' . . . .