Forum members who have actually met face-to-face

Started by Ugh!, September 26, 2008, 12:46:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J.Z. Herrenberg

Quote from: Dundonnell on February 16, 2009, 02:57:08 PM
Indeed the pub was the 'Sherlock Holmes'-a nice touch really-and it is near Hungerford Bridge. A photograph of the two GMG members was taken by a kind passer-by on the bridge. I hope that it has come out well :)

My memory is in working order then - I saw it 20 years ago... !
Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything. -- Plato

vandermolen

Quote from: Jezetha on February 16, 2009, 03:01:27 PM
My memory is in working order then - I saw it 20 years ago... !

A nice pub - in a quiet, very narrow street but very close to Charing Cross station. The pub features a mock up of Holmes's room at 221b Baker Street, complete with wax figures.

I hope that my photos will be back by Saturday. I have not yet reached the digital age  ::)
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

greg

Quote from: Mn Dave on February 16, 2009, 03:00:53 PM
Upon my meeting a GMG member face to face, I discovered we looked very much alike.
Is that their ears, for real?  :o

J.Z. Herrenberg

Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything. -- Plato

Dundonnell

Quote from: vandermolen on February 17, 2009, 12:28:26 PM
A nice pub - in a quiet, very narrow street but very close to Charing Cross station. The pub features a mock up of Holmes's room at 221b Baker Street, complete with wax figures.

I hope that my photos will be back by Saturday. I have not yet reached the digital age  ::)

You really should give away all these digital cds that you have been smuggling into your house over the years, Jeffrey ;D

There are one or two of us who would happily relieve you of all this new-fangled technology and allow you to stick with your LPs ;D ;D

vandermolen

Quote from: Dundonnell on February 17, 2009, 02:55:36 PM
You really should give away all these digital cds that you have been smuggling into your house over the years, Jeffrey ;D

There are one or two of us who would happily relieve you of all this new-fangled technology and allow you to stick with your LPs ;D ;D

Good point Colin - the CDs though do have their advantages, as they are easier to smuggle into the house than LPs  ;D
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

The new erato

Quote from: vandermolen on February 17, 2009, 10:55:11 PM
Good point Colin - the CDs though do have their advantages, as they are easier to smuggle into the house than LPs  ;D
Another reason to go for downloading?

vandermolen

BRAGA SANTOS EXPERTS IN LONDON!
Here is a photo of the famous meeting in London last Saturday. Left to right - vandermolen (Jeffrey - looking cheerful), Katy (vandermolen's wife - clearly enjoying the discussion about Arthur Butterworth's First Symphony) and Dundonnell (Colin) in the Sherlock Holmes pub, near Charing Cross. Happy memories - More photos to follow.

Dundonnell

A pity that the fellow customer who took the photo did not centre it better ;D A potentially good photo of the Dutch Braga Santos experts and guests taken in a restaurant in Amsterdam was spoiled by camera shake :(

Still.......a nice record of a very pleasant meeting :) Look forward to the other photos :)

vandermolen

Quote from: Dundonnell on February 21, 2009, 03:37:47 AM
A pity that the fellow customer who took the photo did not centre it better ;D A potentially good photo of the Dutch Braga Santos experts and guests taken in a restaurant in Amsterdam was spoiled by camera shake :(

Still.......a nice record of a very pleasant meeting :) Look forward to the other photos :)

As vandermolen was the photographer with this next one it is obviously a more sophisticated 'art-type' photo ;D

Colin on the south side of the Thames, opposite St Paul's Cathedral and the school I attended as a boy:

vandermolen

And here we are again - another off centre photo taken by a kindly member of the public. The London Eye and Houses of Parliament in the background:

Dundonnell

Excellent!

(Now must rush off to begin preparing a dinner party for tonight :) I have never cooked partridges before and am very conscious that I must not OVERCOOK the birds ;D)

vandermolen

Sounds great Colin - hope the meal goes well! Here we are again:

vandermolen

Bit dark, but nice atmospheric sunset over the Houses of Parliament with Colin.

vandermolen

Photo of my cat (usual active day) included for no reason  ;D

karlhenning

Quote from: vandermolen on February 21, 2009, 04:12:53 AM

His human says for no reason; the cat knows better.

vandermolen

mahler10th

Quote from: vandermolen on February 21, 2009, 04:12:53 AM

Interesting.  The books say more about you than the cat does.

vandermolen

Quote from: John on February 21, 2009, 05:03:50 AM
Interesting.  The books say more about you than the cat does.

No doubt true (although some are my wife's). What do they say?