Jean Cras (1879 - 1932)

Started by Kullervo, November 11, 2008, 10:07:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roasted Swan

As an aside - what happened to Timpani as a label and their catalogue?  So many fine recordings or interesting/rare music usually well played and recorded.  Its a shame another company have not been able to licence these......

kyjo

Quote from: Roasted Swan on May 23, 2024, 11:31:49 PMAs an aside - what happened to Timpani as a label and their catalogue?  So many fine recordings or interesting/rare music usually well played and recorded.  Its a shame another company have not been able to licence these......

Unfortunately, Timpani seems to be defunct. :( According to Wikipedia, "In 2018, the label slipped into insolvency, and their website went up for sale." A real shame, and I agree that they performed an invaluable service for neglected French and Belgian music. I'm sure many of their recordings are out of print by now, but fortunately the majority of them are available on Spotify.
"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" - Sergei Rachmaninoff

KevinP

I'm not big on non-physical music releases, but when the discs are OOP but the music is available as downloads, I'll go for it. Signed up for Presto Music and got three volumes to start with: Timpani's orchestral works; flute, harp and trio; and orchestral songs sets.

KevinP

Barring any future discoveries, have all his works been recorded?

I have two more Timpani releases to go to complete my collection (the non-orchestral songs and the family volume) and will likely buy at least some of the other labels' releases.