Rudolf Serkin

Started by George, February 03, 2009, 03:03:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ritter

AFAIK, this recent release (pointed out to me by pi2000) hasn't been mentioned in this thread, and might be of interest for Serkin fans:

[asin]B00SUW5G9U[/asin]

The sound is actually quite good for a 1938 broadcast...

Que

The historical recording  would definitely  be interesting.

But for a complete Beethoven concertos set with Serkin, this would be the obvious choice! :)
One of the very best cycles around anyway, IMO. The level of inspiration in the playing and conducting is unique.

[asin]B0009MZ5T0[/asin]
Q

Holden

Quote from: DavidA on July 03, 2015, 12:44:48 PM
If you've the later Beethoven concertos try Serkin's recording of no 4 with Toscanini. An incredible performance that keeps you on the edge of your seat with Serkin showing fantastic virtuosity.

Assuming that they only collaborated once, the recording on Spotify I listened to is in extremely poor sound and actually jumps ahead in a few places. Is this from 1936?
Cheers

Holden

George

Quote from: Holden on July 04, 2015, 09:20:23 AM
Assuming that they only collaborated once, the recording on Spotify I listened to is in extremely poor sound and actually jumps ahead in a few places. Is this from 1936?

No, the RCA was recorded on November 26th, 1944. The 1936 is a radio broadcast from Carnegie Hall. It was his American debut. 
"I can't live without music, because music is life." - Yvonne Lefébure

Jo498

I recently got the Music and Arts set with 1945-52 recordings of opp.13, 27/1, 53, 57, 77, 78, 81a and 109.

[asin]B0002UNQYU[/asin]

Unfortunately the sound truly sucks. In the 1945 Pathetique op.13 (which might be one of the most exciting recordings of that music, also probably the first one with the dubious repeat of the grave section) the sound is horribly clangy and tinny and the Appassionata is not much better. Fortunately it is better in op.53 and 109 but still below average for early 1950s, IMO. 
I thought I was rather immune to mediocre historical sound but I really find this repellent and distracting for most of the set... I have opp.13, 27/1 and 109 in a cheapo membrane box and will compare them, also with the later stereo recordings. Not sure whether I'll keep this one.
Tout le malheur des hommes vient d'une seule chose, qui est de ne savoir pas demeurer en repos, dans une chambre.
- Blaise Pascal

Holden

One of my favourite recordings, regardless of the sound. The Waldstein is peerless IMO.
Cheers

Holden

George

Ordered a copy of this 75 disc set this morning and amazon says it will be delivered today!

Set contents:

DISC 1: Brahms: Concerto No. 1 in D minor for Piano and Orchestra, Op. 15 (1946) Reiner

DISC 2: Beethoven: Sonata No. 14 in C-sharp minor for Piano, Op. 27, No. 2 "Moonlight" (1941) Beethoven: Sonata No. 8 in C minor, Op. 13 "Pathétique" (1945)

DISC 3: Beethoven: Concerto No. 5 in E-flat Major for Piano and Orchestra, Op. 73 "Emperor" (1941) Walter

DISC 4: Beethoven: Sonata No. 9 in A Major, Op. 47 "Kreutzer" Adolph Busch, violin Schumann: Quintet in E-flat Major for Piano and Strings, Op. 44 (1942) Busch Quartet

DISC 5: Brahms: Concerto No. 2 in B-flat Major for Piano and Orchestra, Op. 83 (1945) Ormandy

DISC 6: Schumann: Concerto in A minor for Piano and Orchestra, Op. 54 (1946) Ormandy

DISC 7: Beethoven: Trio No. 4 in D Major, Op. 70 "Ghost" Adolph Busch, violin; Hermann Busch, cello Beethoven: Fantasie in G minor, Op. 77 (1947) Beethoven: Sonata No. 24 in F-Sharp Major, Op. 78 (1947) Mendelssohn: Songs without Words, Op. 62 No 1, in G Major "May Breezes" (1947)

DISC 8: Beethoven: Concerto No. 5 in E-flat Major for Piano and Orchestra, Op. 73 "Emperor" (1950) Ormandy

DISC 9: Bach: Sonata No. 3 in G minor, BWV 1029 Pablo Casals, cello; Paul Baumgartner, piano Bach: Chromatic Fantasy and Fugue in D minor, BWV 903a Bach: Italian Concerto in F Major, BWV 971 Bach: Capriccio in B-flat Major, BWV 992 "On the departure of his most beloved brother" Bach: Toccata in E minor, BWV 914

DISC 10: Mozart: Concerto No. 20 in D Minor for Piano and Orchestra, K. 466 (1951) Ormandy Mozart: Concerto No. 22 in E-flat Major for Piano and Orchestra, K. 482 Casals

DISC 11: Beethoven: Sonata No. 14 in C-sharp minor for Piano, Op. 27, No. 2 "Moonlight" (1951) Beethoven: Sonata No. 26 in E-flat Major for Piano, Op. 81a "Les Adieux" (1951) Beethoven: Sonata No. 23 in F minor for Piano, Op. 57 "Appassionata" (1947)

DISC 12: Beethoven: Sonata No. 21 in C Major, Op. 53 "Waldstein" (1952) Beethoven: Sonata No. 30 in E Major for Piano, Op. 109 (1952)

DISC 13: Schubert: Trio No. 2 For Violin, Cello And Piano, Op. 100, D. 929 E-flat Major Adolf Busch, violin; Hermann Busch, cello Brahms: Trio in C Major, Op. 87 Adolf Busch, violin; Hermann Busch, cello

DISC 14: Beethoven: Concerto No. 3 in C minor for Piano and Orchestra, Op. 37 (1953) Ormandy

DISC 15: Brahms: Concerto No. 1 in D minor for Piano and Orchestra, Op. 15 (1952) Szell

DISC 16: Mozart: Quintet in E-flat Major for Piano and Winds, K. 452 Philadelphia Woodwind Quintet Beethoven: Quintet in E-flat Major for Piano, Oboe, Clarinet, Horn and Bassoon, Op. 16 (1953) Philadelphia Woodwind Quintet

DISC 17: Beethoven: Sonata No. 1 in F Major, Op. 5, No. 1 Pablo Casals, cello Beethoven: Sonata No. 5 in D Major, Op. 102, No. 2 Pablo Casals, cello

DISC 18: Beethoven: Sonata No. 2 in G minor, Op. 5, No. 2 Pablo Casals, cello Beethoven: 7 Variations on "Bei Männern, welche Liebe fühlen" (From "Mozart's Die Zauberflöte, WoO.46") Pablo Casals, cello Beethoven: 12 Variations on "Ein Mädchen oder Weibchen" (From "Mozart's Die Zauberflöte, WoO.66") Pablo Casals, cello Beethoven: 12 Variations in G Major on "See, the Conquering Hero Comes" from Handel's Judas Maccabaeus for Cello and Piano, WoO 45 Pablo Casals, cello

DISC 19: Beethoven: Sonata No. 3 in A Major, Op. 69 Pablo Casals, cello Beethoven: Sonata No. 4 in C Major, Op. 102, No. 1 Pablo Casals, cello

DISC 20: Beethoven: Concerto No. 1 in C Major for Piano and Orchestra, Op. 15 (1954) Ormandy

DISC 21: Beethoven: Concerto No. 4 in G Major for Piano and Orchestra, Op. 58 (1955) Ormandy Beethoven: Concerto No. 2 in B-Flat Major for Piano and Orchestra, Op. 19 (1954/5) Ormandy

DISC 22: Brahms: Concerto No. 2 in B-flat Major for Piano and Orchestra, Op. 83 (1956) Ormandy

DISC 23: Schumann: Concerto in A minor for Piano and Orchestra, Op. 54 (1956) Ormandy Strauss: Burleske in D minor for Piano and Orchestra, Op. 11 (1955) Ormandy

DISC 24: Mozart: Concerto No. 21 in C Major for Piano and Orchestra, K. 467 Schneider Mozart: Concerto No. 27 in B-flat Major for Piano and Orchestra, K. 595 (1955) Schneider

DISC 25: Schubert: Moments musicaux, D. 780 (Op. 94) Schubert: Sonata in C Major for Piano, D. 840 "Reliquie"

DISC 26: Mozart: Concerto No. 17 in G Major for Piano and Orchestra, K. 453 (1955) Schneider Mozart: Concerto No. 25 in C Major for Piano and Orchestra, K. 503 Szell

DISC 27: Mozart: Concerto No. 9 in E-flat Major for Piano and Orchestra, K. 271 "Jeunehomme" Schneider Mozart: Concerto No. 12 in A Major for Piano and Orchestra, K. 414 (1956) Schneider

DISC 28: Beethoven: 33 Variations on a Waltz by Anton Diabelli, Op. 120

DISC 29: Mozart: Concerto No. 23 in A Major for Piano and Orchestra, K. 488 Schneider Mozart: Concerto No. 16 in D Major for Piano and Orchestra, K. 451 Schneider Mozart: Concert Rondo in D Major for Piano and Orchestra, K. 382 Schneider

DISC 30: Mozart: Concerto No. 20 in D minor for Piano and Orchestra, K. 466 (1957) Schneider Mozart: Concerto No. 11 in F Major for Piano and Orchestra, K. 413 Schneider

DISC 31: Mendelssohn: Concerto No. 1 in G minor for Piano and Orchestra, Op. 25 Ormandy Mendelssohn: Concerto No. 2 in D minor for Piano and Orchestra, Op. 40
Ormandy

DISC 32: Brahms: Concerto No. 2 in B-flat Major for Piano and Orchestra, Op. 83 (1960) Ormandy

DISC 33: Reger: Piano Concerto in F minor, Op. 114 Ormandy

DISC 34: Brahms: Trio in E-flat Major for Horn, Violin and Piano, Op. 40 Myron Bloom, horn; Michael Tree, violin Schubert: Auf Dem Strom, Op. 119, D. 943 Benita Valente, soprano; Myron Bloom, horn

DISC 35: Brahms: Liebeslieder, Walzer Op. 52 Leon Fleischer, piano, Rudolf Serkin, piano, Benita Valente, soprano; Marlena Kleinman, contralto; Wayne Connor, tenor; Martial Singher, bass Schubert: Der Hirt Auf Dem Felsen, Op. 129, D. 965 Benita Valente, soprano; Harold Wright, clarinet

DISC 36: Beethoven: Concerto No. 5 in E-flat Major for Piano and Orchestra, Op. 73 "Emperor" (1962) Bernstein

DISC 37: Bartók: Concerto No. 1 for Piano and Orchestra Szell Prokofiev: Concerto No. 4 in B-flat Major for Piano and Orchestra, Op. 53 "For the Left Hand" Ormandy

DISC 38: Beethoven: Sonata No. 14 in C-sharp minor for Piano, Op. 27, No. 2 "Moonlight" (1962) Beethoven: Sonata No. 8 in C minor, Op. 13 "Pathétique" (1962) Beethoven: Sonata No. 23 in F minor for Piano, Op. 57 "Appassionata" (1962) Mendelssohn: Songs without Words, Op. 62 No 1, in G Major "May Breezes" (1962) Mendelssohn: Spinning Song

DISC 39: Mozart: Concerto No. 19 in F Major for Piano and Orchestra, K. 459 Szell Mozart: Concerto No. 20 in D minor for Piano and Orchestra, K. 466 (1961) Szell

DISC 40: Beethoven: Concerto For Piano, Violin, Cello And Orchestra, Op. 56 "Triple Concerto" Jaime Laredo, violin; Leslie Parnas, cello

DISC 41: Beethoven: Concerto No. 3 in C minor for Piano and Orchestra, Op. 37 (1964) Bernstein Beethoven: Choral Fantasy in C minor for Piano, Chorus & Orchestra, Op. 80 (1962) Bernstein

DISC 42: Brahms: Piano Quintet in F minor, Op. 34 Budapest String Quartet Schumann: Quintet in E-flat Major for Piano and Strings, Op. 44 (1963) Budapest String Quartet

DISC 43: Schumann: Concerto in A minor for Piano and Orchestra, Op. 54 (1964) Ormandy Schumann: Introduction and Allegro appassionato for Piano and Orchestra (Konzertstück), Op. 92 Ormandy

DISC 44: Beethoven: Concerto No. 4 in G Major for Piano and Orchestra, Op. 58 (1944) Toscanini Schubert: Am Tage Aller Seelen Handel: Israel in Egypt, HWV 54: "Dank sei Dir Herr!" (Arioso)

DISC 45: Beethoven: Concerto No. 4 in G Major for Piano and Orchestra, Op. 58 (1962) Ormandy

DISC 46: Beethoven: Concerto No. 1 in C Major for Piano and Orchestra, Op. 15 (1965) Ormandy Beethoven: Eleven Bagatelles, Op. 119

DISC 47: Beethoven: Concerto No. 2 in B-Flat Major for Piano and Orchestra, Op. 19 (1965) Ormandy Mozart: Concerto No. 27 in B-flat Major for Piano and Orchestra, K. 595 (1962) Ormandy

DISC 48: Bach: Concerto No. 1 in D minor for Three Pianos and String Orchestra, BWV 1063 Mieczysław Horszowski, piano; Ruth Laredo, piano Bach: Concerto No. 2 in C Major for Three Pianos and String Orchestra, BWV 1064 Mieczysław Horszowski, piano; Peter Serkin, piano Mozart: Concerto No. 10 in E-Flat Major for Two Pianos and Orchestra, K. 365 Peter Serkin, piano

DISC 49: Schubert: Sonata in A Major for Piano, Op. posth. (D. 959)

DISC 50: Mozart: Concerto No. 14 in E-flat Major for Piano and Orchestra, K. 449 Schneider Mozart: Concerto No. 17 in G Major for Piano and Orchestra, K. 453 (1962) Schneider

DISC 51: Brahms: Concerto No. 1 in D minor for Piano and Orchestra, Op. 15 (1961) Ormandy

DISC 52: Bach: Brandenburg Concerto No. 1 in F Major, BWV 1046 Casals Bach: Brandenburg Concerto No. 4 in G Major, BWV 1049 Casals Bach: Brandenburg Concerto No. 5 in D Major, BWV 1050 Casals

DISC 53: Brahms: Concerto No. 2 in B-flat Major for Piano and Orchestra, Op. 83 (1966) Szell

DISC 54: Schubert: Quintet in A Major for Piano and Strings, D. 667 (Op. 114) "The Trout" Jaime Laredo, violin; Philipp Naegle, viola; Leslie Parnas, cello; Julius Levine, bass

DISC 55: Brahms: Concerto No. 1 in D minor for Piano and Orchestra, Op. 15 (1968)
Szell DISC 56: Mendelssohn: Capriccio Brillante for Piano and Orchestra, Op. 22 Ormandy Schumann: Introduction and Concert Allegro for Piano and Orchestra, Op. 134 Ormandy Strauss: Burleske in D minor for Piano and Orchestra, Op. 11 (1966) Ormandy

DISC 57: Beethoven: Sonata No. 29 in B-flat Major for Piano, Op. 106 "Hammerklavier"

DISC 58: Beethoven: Sonata No. 28 in A Major, Op. 101 Beethoven: Sonata No. 31 in A-flat Major for Piano, Op. 110 (1971)

DISC 59: Mozart: Concerto No. 12 in A Major for Piano and Orchestra, K. 414 (1962) Schneider Mozart: Trio for Piano, Violin and Cello, K. 502 in B-flat Major Jaime Laredo, violin; Madeline Foley, cello

DISC 60: Reger: Sonata in C minor for Violin and Piano, Op. 139 P. Carmirelli, violin; Rudolf Serkin, piano Reger: Sonata in A minor for Cello and Piano, Op. 116* Mischa Schneider, cello; Peter Serkin, piano

DISC 61: Beethoven: Sonata No. 11 in B-Flat Major, Op. 22 Beethoven: Fantasie in G minor, Op. 77 (1970) Beethoven: Sonata No. 24 in F-Sharp Major, Op. 78 (1973)

DISC 62: Schubert: Sonata in B-Flat Major for Piano, Op. posth., D. 960 (1975)

DISC 63: Bach: Sonata No. 3 in E Major for Violin and Harpsichord, BWV 1016 Adolf Busch, violin Beethoven: Sonata No. 8 in G Major, Op. 30, No. 3 Adolf Busch, violin Beethoven: Sonata for Violin and Piano No. 1 in D Major, Op. 12 Adolf Busch, violin

DISC 64: Schumann: Sonata No. 1 for Violin and Piano in A minor, Op. 105 Adolf Busch, violin Schumann: Grand Sonata No. 2 for Violin and Piano in D minor, Op. 121 Adolf Busch, violin Beethoven: Sonata for Violin and Piano No. 10 in G Major, Op. 96 Adolf Busch, violin

DISC 65: Haydn: Sonata No. 3 in E-Flat Major, Hob. XVI: 49 Mozart: Rondo in A minor for Piano, K. 511 Beethoven: Sonata No. 26 in E-flat Major for Piano, Op. 81a "Les Adieux" (1977)

DISC 66: Schubert: Sonata in B-Flat Major for Piano, Op. posth., D. 960 (1977)

DISC 67: Brahms: Variations and Fugue on a Theme by Handel, Op. 24 Brahms: Intermezzo in B minor, Op. 119, No. 1 Brahms: Intermezzo in E minor, Op. 119, No. 2 Brahms: Intermezzo in C Major, Op. 119, No. 3 Brahms: Rhapsody in E-flat Major, Op. 119, No. 4

DISC 68: Schubert: 4 Impromptus, D.935, Op. 142

DISC 69: Reger: Variations and Fugue on a Theme of J.S. Bach, Op. 81 Haydn: Sonata for Piano in C Major, HOB. XVI: 50 Bach: Aria from Goldberg Variations, BWV 988 Bach: (14) Verschiedene Canones, BWV 1087

DISC 70: Beethoven: Trio for Piano, Clarinet and Cello, Op. 11 in B-flat Major Richard Stoltzman, clarinet; Alain Meunier, cello Beethoven: Quintet in E-flat Major For Piano, Oboe, Clarinet, Horn And Bassoon, Op. 16 (1974) Rudolph Vrbsky, oboe; Richard Stoltzman, clarinet; Robert Routch, horn; Alexander Heller, bassoon Beethoven: Variations On Wenzel Muller's Lied "Ich Bin Der Schneider Kakadu" For Piano, Violin, & Cello in G Major, Op. 121a Yuzuko Horigome, violin, Peter Wiley, cello

DISC 71: Beethoven: Sonata No. 1 in F minor, Op. 2, No. 1 Beethoven: Sonata No. 6 in F Major, Op. 10, No. 2 Beethoven: Sonata No. 12 in A-flat Major, Op. 26

DISC 72: Beethoven: Sonata No. 13 in E-flat Major, Op. 27, No. 1 (Sonata quasi una fantasia) Beethoven: Sonata No. 16 in G Major, Op. 31, No. 1 Beethoven: Sonata No. 21 in C Major, Op. 53 "Waldstein" (1975)

DISC 73: Beethoven: Sonata No. 30 in E Major for Piano, Op. 109 (1976) Beethoven: Sonata No. 31 in A-flat Major, Op. 110 (1960) Beethoven: Sonata No. 32 in C minor for Piano, Op. 111

DISC 74: Beethoven: Concerto No. 4 in G Major for Piano and Orchestra, Op. 58 (1974) Schneider Beethoven: Choral Fantasy in C minor for Piano, Chorus & Orchestra, Op. 80 (1981)

DISC 75: Chopin: 24 Préludes, Op. 28 Mendelssohn: Prelude and Fugue, Op. 35, No. 1

Todd

Quote from: George on September 21, 2017, 07:36:07 AM

Ordered a copy of this 75 disc set this morning and amazon says it will be delivered today!

What discography holes did this fill for you?  I've got a lot of Serkin, but there are some gaps.  (The two D960s recorded so close together - who has both?)  I'm watching the price on this, hoping there's an algorithm glitch.
The universe is change; life is opinion. - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

People would rather believe than know - E.O. Wilson

Propaganda death ensemble - Tom Araya

George

Quote from: Todd on September 21, 2017, 07:41:39 AM

What discography holes did this fill for you?  I've got a lot of Serkin, but there are some gaps.  (The two D960s recorded so close together - who has both?)  I'm watching the price on this, hoping there's an algorithm glitch.

He apparently recorded the 4th LvB PC four times for Columbia!

I understand that there is some stuff in the box that has never been released before, plus I never picked up all of his old CDs. I definitely want all the early stuff, like the mono recordings.

And, buying this set will allow me to take down all my old Serkin CDs from the shelves and have space for future purchases. (I keep box sets on a different set of shelves.) 

Todd

Quote from: George on September 21, 2017, 07:52:53 AMI understand that there is some stuff in the box that has never been released before

That's the thing for me.  How badly do I really want these?  As I type, I want them more.  It might be best to not think about it.
The universe is change; life is opinion. - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

People would rather believe than know - E.O. Wilson

Propaganda death ensemble - Tom Araya

George

Quote from: Todd on September 21, 2017, 07:54:57 AM

That's the thing for me.  How badly do I really want these?  As I type, I want them more.  It might be best to not think about it.

Haha!!

I bought the set this morning, then cancelled it 20 min later. Then ordered it again 45  min later.  :laugh:

George

I forgot to mention that the amazon.com review (there's only one right now) is quite detailed and very well done:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XKWL779/ref=ya_st_dp_summary?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Mookalafalas

Quote from: Todd on September 21, 2017, 07:41:39 AM

I'm watching the price on this, hoping there's an algorithm glitch.

Sometimes they play games with the price on these, and start out higher and then drop.  Often in Taiwan (where I live), they start at the price the US eventually comes down to.  From the beginning this was about $150 here, rather than $192 or whatever Amazon charges, so I would expect it to fall to that price eventually.
It's all good...

George

Well, my new Serkin Complete Columbia recordings set was marked "delivered" by Lasership around 6pm today. I got home from work and it wasn't there. I live in a 24 hour doorman building and they reported that no one from Lasership had come today. At 8:30pm, I contacted amazon (I'm a Prime member) via chat and they offered to refund the entire purchase price plus $20. I accepted. Then I asked what should I do if it arrives, the customer service representative said I could keep it! Less than a minute later, I get a ring from the front desk. It had arrived, in great shape, no dings, etc. It is difficult typing this, I am still jumping up and down. 

George

Now enjoying the first of Serkin's four Columbia recordings of the Brahms Piano Concerto 2. I usually don't like how orchestral recordings sound in mono, but this one (1945) was recorded quite well.

As for the sound in general on this set, I am happy to report that it is excellent! I have only heard the first five discs in full, but they sound great. I also have compared the sound on this set to about 10 prior releases of the same performances from Pearl, Naxos Historical and SONY. In each case, the new set sounds as good as, or better than prior CD releases.

George

Now enjoying some early Bach recordings (1947-1952) from the above set.

Serkin is at his best in his early recordings, I think. Up to 1970 or so his playing was incredible. His unauthorized Beethoven sonata recordings are among the very best. In fact, his unauthorized 1960 recording of Op. 110 is as good as it gets for that work.

Now that I have had some time with it, I have few more thoughts on this box. The CDs present the material in original jacket style, in order of release, which often is not the order of recording. I am finding the chamber work to be absolutely lovely. And his early solo Beethoven is direct and powerful. And an early recording of a Mendelssohn Song Without Words that is included is tenderly played. I am not as keen on the mono concerto recordings, as I find stereo to be far superior in conveying the complexities of an orchestra. Still, it is always a treat to hear the youthful Serkin, so I am enjoying these nonetheless.

Another point I will make comes from the accompanying booklet. It seems Sviatoslav Richter was an admirer of Serkin's playing. I hadn't heard that before, so I thought I would share it. Also, the booklet includes a discography complete with a list of the disc where each performance occurs, just as they did for Rubinstein. This is useful, as many works were recorded multiple times by the pianist. In fact, some, like Beethoven's PC4, were recorded as much as four times.

Holden

I have CDs 12 and 13 on the Music & Arts label which are LvB sonatas. I think you've also got that George. If so, how does the sound compare?
Cheers

Holden

George

Quote from: Holden on October 02, 2017, 02:41:04 PM
I have CDs 12 and 13 on the Music & Arts label which are LvB sonatas. I think you've also got that George. If so, how does the sound compare?

The new set offers a sizable upgrade in sound. (IMO Music and Arts are frequently on the poor end of sound.)

Pat B

Quote from: George on October 02, 2017, 02:33:19 PM
Another point I will make comes from the accompanying booklet. It seems Sviatoslav Richter was an admirer of Serkin's playing. I hadn't heard that before, so I thought I would share it.

As far as I can tell, Richter was a fan of all of the famous pianists of his era, except himself.

Que

Quote from: George on September 21, 2017, 07:36:07 AM

Thanks, George.....and congratulations.  :D

I'm seriously going to consider it. This is a rare case of a pianist that I admire but never collected that much.

Look like a true treasure trove, despite the fact that the LvB piano concertos with Kubelik are not in there.... ;) (They are on Orfeo)

Q