The Photography Thread

Started by TheGSMoeller, March 28, 2014, 05:24:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZauberdrachenNr.7

btw, the previous photo was untouched by PhotoShop, rare for me as I've no scruples whatsoever in manipulating images.  As the attached and several others herewith confirm.

ZauberdrachenNr.7

Roll over Beethoven.

ZauberdrachenNr.7

My two closest friends are cat fanciers to the max.  I've none but befriended this one, though he appeared to be asking me:  "Do I look like I'm in the mood for Poulenc?"

ZauberdrachenNr.7

This was a perfectly interesting photograph that did not satisfy, so reset in PhotoShop's cutout application, among other tricks.  Now I'm happy.  Like I said, city guy. 

ZauberdrachenNr.7

I entered a hotel room on a chilly autumn day last year and this tree blazed blindingly through the window.  Any attempt to do it justice will take more than PhotoShop tricks, but it's a fond memory of a leafy friend just the same.   Where's Cézanne when I need him?

ZauberdrachenNr.7

As mentioned, no conscience whatsoever, but lots of HDR.

ZauberdrachenNr.7

For anyone who's loved and lost...

ZauberdrachenNr.7

My wife's an active activist for yarn and knitting.  One day we visited an alpaca farm.  Fascinating creatures - shy but also very curious about what's going on around them.  This one informed me that, personally, he was opposed to being sheared for his wool. 

ZauberdrachenNr.7

Mannequins are peculiar beings of their own and have fascinated me ever since I was a kid and mistook a dept. store model for a real person (yes, that same day I overcompensated and thought a real person was a mannequin).  From my sirens series.

ZauberdrachenNr.7

Last one, c'est promis, death is kinda final like that.  "Death is nowhere and everywhere." 

Ken B

Quote from: ZauberdrachenNr.7 on August 05, 2014, 09:42:52 AM
My two closest friends are cat fanciers to the max.  I've none but befriended this one, though he appeared to be asking me:  "Do I look like I'm in the mood for Poulenc?"
Cats are never in the mood for Poulenc. One of their few failings.

ZauberdrachenNr.7

Quote from: Ken B on August 05, 2014, 11:01:48 AM
Cats are never in the mood for Poulenc. One of their few failings.

They know he was a dog man!

Ken B

North Star

Quote from: ZauberdrachenNr.7 on August 05, 2014, 09:31:28 AM
I'm drawn to things that beckon, alleyways, pleasant and un-; country roads, rr tracks; sirens.
Not too sharp, but otherwise really nice! This thread needed new blood. :)
"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it." - Confucius

My photographs on Flickr

Mookalafalas

I'm with North Star, nice to see more folks posting.  A lot of interesting pictures. 
It's all good...

torut

There are a lot of impressive photos here. I myself do not take photos, but since North Star encouraged, please let me post some photos I found interesting.

DAVID BENJAMIN SHERRY

Saguaro Field, Tucson, Arizona, Traditional Color Photograph, 29 5/8 x 38 3/4 inches

Fallen Rocks, Monument Valley, Arizona, Traditional Color Photograph, 30 x 39 3/4 inches

Mookalafalas

Took a day trip yesterday. Lots of pics.  Notice my daughter sneaking into this portrait >:(

Bratty Kid Ruins Yet Another Portrait.jpg by Mookalafalas, on Flickr

20140816-P1110571-Edit-2.jpg by Mookalafalas, on Flickr

Lonely Together.jpg by Mookalafalas, on Flickr

underwater light.jpg by Mookalafalas, on Flickr

Fish heads.jpg by Mookalafalas, on Flickr
It's all good...

Mookalafalas

More from my Saturday outing :)

20140816-P1110645-Edit.jpg by Mookalafalas, on Flickr

20140816-P1110281-Edit.jpg by Mookalafalas, on Flickr

20140816-P1110243-Edit.jpg by Mookalafalas, on Flickr
It's all good...

North Star

Nice photos, all of them! I particularly like the monochromes (not because of that, mind) & the fish heads.

I'll probably post something next week. . .
"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it." - Confucius

My photographs on Flickr

Mookalafalas

Felt like I was neglecting this thread, and now I feel I'm monopolizing it ::)

Anyway, a shot from yesterday morning. Took an overnight trip into the mountains.

20140824-DC2C4284-Edit.jpg by Mookalafalas, on Flickr
It's all good...