Bug Report 2024

Started by Dungeon Master, January 27, 2024, 02:49:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve ridgway

0.100s at the moment.

brewski

Back to normal! Thanks, Rob, for whatever you did.

-Bruce
"I set down a beautiful chord on paper—and suddenly it rusts."
—Alfred Schnittke (1934-1998)

Dungeon Master

Quote from: brewski on June 05, 2024, 04:36:56 AMBack to normal! Thanks, Rob, for whatever you did.
-Bruce
😇

DavidW

Cato

"Meet Miss Ruth Sherwood, from Columbus, Ohio, the Middle of the Universe!"

- Brian Aherne introducing Rosalind Russell in  My Sister Eileen (1942)

Mandryka

A request, not a bug. Can we get rid of the "quick edit" button and replace it with all the options in "modify"? It's really annoying (me)
Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muss man schweigen

George

I use the Quick Edit button frequently, so I would not be voting for its relocation. 
"I can't live without music, because music is life." - Yvonne Lefébure

prémont

Quote from: George on June 10, 2024, 08:16:24 AMI use the Quick Edit button frequently, so I would not be voting for its relocation. 

So do I.
Any so-called free choice is only a choice between the available options.

Mandryka

But there's no reason to have the quick edit button -- I mean it's not as if modify is slow --  my problem is that I make changes with quick edit and then realise that I need to do something with modify, and so either have to post the incorrect version or lose all the changes.
Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muss man schweigen

prémont

For me, it is very practical when I want to correct typos or change a single word.

Dungeon Master

The "Quick Edit" is built in to the software and this theme. Even if I wanted to, which I don't, I could not disable it. Its here to stay.

Harry

I am almost certain that GMG's mail server is on a Google spam list, or GMG does not have the dkim, dmarc or spf in order in the domain. Google is becoming increasingly strict in that respect. All mail from GMG ends up in the spam folder. Very annoying. Do other members suffer from this?
Quote from Manuel, born in Spain, currently working at Fawlty Towers.

" I am from Barcelona, I know nothing.............."

Dungeon Master

Quote from: Harry on June 16, 2024, 09:44:04 PMI am almost certain that GMG's mail server is on a Google spam list, or GMG does not have the dkim, dmarc or spf in order in the domain. Google is becoming increasingly strict in that respect. All mail from GMG ends up in the spam folder. Very annoying. Do other members suffer from this?
GMG sends its emails via the server's built-in PHP. This is a simple email system that does not require authentication (username/password). Because of this, some receiving servers label these emails as SPAM.

I will look into setting up an authenticated email account dedicated to GMG notification emails.

In the meantime, you can configure your email program to always send emails from GMG to your inbox using a rule.

Harry

Quote from: Dungeon Master on June 17, 2024, 12:17:55 AMGMG sends its emails via the server's built-in PHP. This is a simple email system that does not require authentication (username/password). Because of this, some receiving servers label these emails as SPAM.

I will look into setting up an authenticated email account dedicated to GMG notification emails.

In the meantime, you can configure your email program to always send emails from GMG to your inbox using a rule.

Thank you Rob, added GMG in my contacts,(which was advised by Google) hope that it will help. Google should in its self learning software remember, that if I say no spam, it should refrain from sending it to my spam folder. Maybe the latest update is causuíng these problems too!

Madiel

I'm trying to post in the soccer thread. It won't let me.

Edit: okay on about the 4th try the Post button finally operated. Very strange though. Possibly because there was a long gap from when I started composing the post? Dinner arrived.
I am now working on a discography of the works of Vagn Holmboe. Please visit and also contribute!

Pohjolas Daughter

@Dungeon Master I hope that you are doing well?  Wish that we could hear your thoughts/comments more on music these days.  I realize that life has its ups and downs and that things keep you busy.  And thank you for all of your hard work on creating and maintaining this forum.

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

Harry

Î would be interested if other GMG members have the same issues as I with Google versus GMG. Since a week all the mails from GMG go to the spam folder. The learning part of Google should be, that if I okay the emails that are seen by Google as spam, it will from that moment send those emails to my inbox. But that does not work. Anyone else.?

prémont

Quote from: Harry on June 19, 2024, 04:40:40 AMÎ would be interested if other GMG members have the same issues as I with Google versus GMG. Since a week all the mails from GMG go to the spam folder. The learning part of Google should be, that if I okay the emails that are seen by Google as spam, it will from that moment send those emails to my inbox. But that does not work. Anyone else.?

I have a private domain mail to which messages from GMG come, so in that way a possible problem with Google is eliminated.

Harry

I asked my IT firm to find out why the mails from GMG all land in my Spam box. I do not understand the finest details of it all, but I now see why Google and soon Microsoft will cause this problem for all of us, and in this case GMG.
The mail server of GMG is blacklisted on UCEPROTECTL3. I asked Google to delist the mails from GMG but they refused, saying that it was blacklisted with a reason. There is a software called mxtoolbox that clearly shows the unsafe situation of the mail server of GMG. The domains are so arranged that because of the tightening of security with Google and Microsoft, and even private domains, the spam alert will be triggered again and again. The mail construction is faulty. MXTOOLBOX finds multiple problems with DNS/SMTP. (Value out of the recommended range) And the DKIM and DMARC requirements are getting more strict, and will resist the mails too.
As long as GMG is blacklisted on UCEPROTECTL3, the problems will continue, and reach all members from GMG.
So please Rob could you look into the matter, and get the blacklisting undone.
Google ignores the learning software, that if you tell it that GMG is safe and should be let through, it refuses point blank.

https://mxtoolbox.com/problem/blacklist/uceprotectl3

Dungeon Master

Hi Harry, and thanks for your investigative research.

I am aware that my website is on the UCEPROTECTL3 blacklist, and has been for over 10 years. But this is inconsequential. UCEPROTECTL3 is a listing that blocks not just individual websites, or even individual domains, but entire hosting services. My server is hosted by InMotionHosting, a large and respected hosting service. It is likely that they are also hosting some other server which is sending out SPAM emails, and for that reason the entire hosting service, with its thousands of innocent servers and domains, gets blacklisted by this one company by association. This is also true of many other hosting services, including some of the world's largest hosts such as GoDaddy.com. The people behind UCEPROTECTL3 demand money for a domain/server/host to be delisted. That is their business model.

As far as I know, Google do NOT use UCEPROTECTL3 blacklisting when assessing emails for SPAM. UCEPROTECTL3 are about the least important of the SPAM listing agencies. My server is not blacklisted by any other SPAM monitors.

Bottom line: UCEPROTECTL3 blacklisting is irrelevant.

What IS the case is that Google/Gmail recently (last 4 weeks) tightened up their authentication requirements for accepting emails. What has been acceptable for 2 decades is suddenly deemed as potential SPAM by Google and maybe Microsoft. My server (gasbag.net) satisfies all email authentication requirements. Some of the domains on my server, including good-music-guide.com are still in the process of getting the right credentials and authentication requirements sorted to have emails that are squeaky-clean by Google standards.

For those who don't understand any of this, GMG and my server do NOT send SPAM. All that is happening is that Google's spam filters have suddenly become a lot more stringent in its requirements.

I am working with my hosting service to get all the authentication requirements in order to comply with the new standards, already done at my server level, but still working on the individual domain level.

Rob